It’s important to develop students skills and build their confidence to handle any given condition.
30 May 2023
Drive information for coaches refreshed
We’re pleased to launch Drive’s new and improved ‘Teach someone to drive’ section of the website.
This section is designed to support anyone teaching someone to drive such as parents, whānau or community mentors. It’s a one-stop-shop for lessons, tips and videos.
You’ll find some fantastic new information including:
- How to get a driver licence by navigating the 3 stages of the New Zealand driver licensing system: learner, restricted and full.
- Information for coaches about their responsibilities, where to access resources and choosing the right car to drive in.
- Coaching hints and tips provides an overview of the role and responsibilities of a driving coach as well as useful information on planning a good practice session, where to practise, and how to talk your learner through their practice session.
- Lesson planning guidance covering everything from lessons for learner drivers, to coaching for the restricted and full licence test, to lessons on long-distance driving.
- A video library that can be used to support your teaching, visually demonstrate common mistakes and issues when on the road, and understand what good driver behaviour looks like.
Check out the Drive website now for more information.
From speeding to fatigue, and intersections to distractions – there are many causes for a crash.
Picking a safe car makes a huge difference in reducing the risk of injury during a crash. Here’s...